MOKENA, IL | On Tuesday, September 19, Teamsters Local 710 conducted its Nomination Meeting. The meeting was chaired by Maralin Falik of Global Election Services.
Nominations and acceptances were accepted both before the meeting in writing and from the floor during the meeting. It was determined that an election will take place.
The Election for Officers and Business Agents of Local 710 shall be by a secret ballot, conducted by mail referendum. The printing, mailing, receiving and tabulating of all ballots shall be conducted by Global Election Services.
Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023
Ballots will be mailed on or about September 27
Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023
If you did not receive your ballot by Oct. 4, call 1-877-455-9367, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm CT, to request a duplicate ballot.
Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023 at 12:00pm
If you did not receive your ballot by Oct. 4, call 1-877-455-9367, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm CT, to request a duplicate ballot. The member must call personally and will receive a confirmation number. If more than one ballot is received from a member, the ballot marked “duplicate” will be accepted.
Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023 at 12:00pm
In order to vote in the election, a member must be in good standing and have paid their dues through September 2023. Members may pay all dues arrearages, initiation or reinstatement fees, at the Local 710 main office until 12 Noon CT on October 19, 2023.
Friday, Oct. 20, 2023 at 9:00am
Returned voted ballots from members of Local 710 must be received in the designated post office box no later than 9 AM on October 20, 2023 in order to be counted in this election. The ballots will be tabulated at the Local 710 Hall on October 20, 2023 immediately following the pickup of mail at the designated Post Office.
YOUR VOTED BALLOT MUST REACH GLOBAL ELECTION SERVICES’ DESIGNATED P.O. BOX NO LATER THAN 9:00AM OCTOBER 20, 2023 IN THE BUSINESS REPLY ENVELOPE PROVIDED. NO POSTAGE REQUIRED IN THE U.S.
- Please read all instructions prior to voting.
- FULL SLATE VOTING INSTRUCTIONS (EVERY POSITION FILLED) You are not required to vote for a Full Slate. If you choose to vote for a Full Slate, place an “X” mark in the large box below the full slate name you wish to vote for. IF YOU VOTE FOR A FULL SLATE, NO OTHER MARK ON THE BALLOT WILL BE COUNTED.
- VOTING FOR INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES If you do not wish to vote for a Full Slate, completely fill in the circle to the left of the name(s) of the candidate(s) of your choice. No other marks should be used. Do not vote for more candidates than are authorized. Only the ballot section for that office will be VOID if you vote for more candidates than are authorized.
- Place voted ballot inside Secrecy Sleeve. Do not tear off any portion of this ballot. Place Secrecy Sleeve inside Business Reply Envelope and seal. You must use the Business Reply Envelope provided.
Place voted ballot inside Secrecy Sleeve. Do not tear off any portion of this ballot. Place Secrecy Sleeve inside Business Reply Envelope and seal. You must use the Business Reply Envelope provided.
- Your ballot will be VOID if you mutilate or remove the information bearing your name and address on the Business Reply Envelope. After your name is checked against the control list determining eligibility to vote, the Secrecy Sleeve is removed and mixed with the other Secrecy Sleeve. No one will know the identity of the voter whose ballot is contained in the Secrecy Sleeve.
- DO NOT PUT ANY IDENTIFIABLE MARKS ON THE BALLOT OR ON THE SECRECY SLEEVE. YOUR BALLOT WILL NOT BE COUNTED IF YOU CAN BE IDENTIFIED. VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATES OF YOUR CHOICE AND RETURN YOUR BALLOT PROMPTLY. DO NOT GIVE OR SHOW YOUR BALLOT TO ANYONE ELSE. ANY MARK OTHER THAN THE VOTING MARK WILL VOID THE BALLOT.
- IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE YOU MAY USE “WHITE-OUT” OR COMPLETELY CROSS OUT THE VOTING ERROR AND CLEARLY MARK AND INDICATE YOUR CORRECTED CHOICE. DO NOT PLACE YOUR NAME, INITIALS OR ANY IDENTIFYING MARK ON BALLOT OR ON THE SECRECY SLEEVE. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY REQUEST A REPLACEMENT BALLOT BY TELEPHONING GLOBAL ELECTION SERVICES 877-455-9367 Monday to Friday from 9AM – 5PM Central Time from – October 4, 2023 to 12 Noon on October 11, 2023. You can also email email@example.com during the same time period. Member must call directly and will receive a confirmation number for his/her fulfilled request.