Teamsters Union Local No. 710 Scholarship Fund
2021 Program Information
The Executive Board of Teamsters Local 710 has established this Scholarship Fund to help dependent children of our members pursue their passions of study or craft. We believe that an investment in our children is an investment in the future of labor.
We know the stress the financial obligations for these programs can pose, so we are happy to be able to assist the children of our members with these costs. We are proud to award scholarships providing one-time awards valued between $1,000.00 and $7,000.00.
Academic and Training & Vocational Scholarships
Scholarships are available for children of Local 710 members who are currently graduating high school seniors, and who will be pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university or a certification at an accredited trade school. Scholarships will be awarded based on the applicant’s academic record and essay.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a child or legal dependent of a current Teamsters Local 710 member in good standing for at least the past twelve (12) months. Dues must be current*.
- Be a graduating high school student entering into an undergraduate college, university or community college program, or a technical or vocational program in 2021.
Applicants must complete and submit the following to be received via at the Local 710 Union Hall (9000 W. 187th Street, Mokena, IL 60448) no later than 4:30 PM CT on Wednesday, March 31, 2021:
- Verification of Local 710 Membership Status (information required on application; email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to verify in advance)
- Typed Essay (minimum 500 words)
The essay topic for 2021 is:
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a spotlight on “essential workers,” many of whom work in professions that were often taken for granted. So many of these jobs are filled by Teamsters, from sanitation workers to those vital to keeping our supply chains moving. Why do you think it’s crucial for workers to have the representation of a Union like the Teamsters, particularly during a global pandemic?
If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com or call (773) 254-3200.
DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31, 2021 BY 4:30 P.M. CT
* If you have been laid off due to the pandemic or have other concerns regarding eligibility based on your membership history, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-254-3200.
NOTE: Children or legal dependents of Teamsters Local 710 Officers and Business Agents are not eligible for these scholarships. Award payments will be made directly to the institution unless already paid in full & receipt from the institution is provided showing zero balance.
The Teamsters Local Union No. 710 Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization