Local 710 Election of Delegates: Voting Information
Ballot Count is Friday, April 30, 2021
Ballots for the Teamsters Local 710 Election of Delegates were mailed to active members of the Local on March 23, 2021.
Missing & Duplicate Ballots
All members should receive a ballot at their home address before Friday, April 2, 2021. Any member not receiving a ballot by that date should request a ballot by contacting Global Election Services, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT either via:
- Phone: (877) 455-9367
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you make a mistake or lose your ballot, or need any materials which accompanied your ballot, you may request a duplicate by contacting Global Election Services as described above.
The ballot count will begin after 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021 at the Local Union Hall (9000 W. 187th Street, Mokena, IL 60448). Only ballots returned by U.S. Mail to the Local Union 710 Delegate Election P.O. Box by 9:00 a.m., April 30, 2021 will be counted.
The IBT Constitution provides that members of the Local Union who are in arrears in the payment of their dues can pay their arrearage in order to be eligible to participate in the election. A member that pays all arrearages at any time before the regular close of business on the last business day before Election Day will be classified as eligible to vote.
Deadline for payment of dues to be eligible to vote as of Election Day:
Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. CT
Instructions to Vote
- Vote for no more than 17 delegate candidates and 10 alternate delegates.
- You may vote for a full slate.
- Instead of voting for a full slate, you may vote for individual candidates, as long as the total number of delegate and alternate delegate candidate votes does not exceed the total to be elected.
- By placing an ‘X’ mark in the slate box, you will have voted for all the individual candidates on that slate. If you mark a slate box and also vote for other candidates so that the total of your votes is more than the total number of positions to be elected, only your slate vote will be counted. If you vote for both slates so that the total of your votes for slate members is more than the total number of positions to be elected, your vote will not be counted for any candidate running for that position.
- After voting, fold the ballot (do not tear off any portion) and insert the ballot into the envelope marked “Secret Ballot Envelope.” Seal the secret ballot envelope. Do not put any identifiable marks on the secret ballot envelope. Use of this envelope ensures the confidentiality of your vote.
- Place the sealed secret ballot envelope inside the return envelope, seal and mail the return envelope. Postage is already provided. Do not remove, deface or cover your name and mailing information. The identifying information on the return envelope must be visible to determine your eligibility to vote.
If you have questions pertaining to your eligibility to vote, please contact:
Teamsters Local 710
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT
If you have questions pertaining to the mailing of your ballot, please contact:
Global Election Services
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT