LOCAL 710 NOTICE OF NOMINATIONS FOR DELEGATES AND ALTERNATE DELEGATES
TO THE JUNE 2021 IBT CONVENTION IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC ON THE RISE AND THE LIMIT OF INDIVIDUALS FOR GATHERINGS, THE LOCAL UNION WILL BE HOLDING THE NOMINATIONS FOR DELEGATES AND ALTERNATE DELEGATES TO THE JUNE 2021 IBT CONVENTION VIA ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE ONLY ON:
FEBRUARY 19, 2021 AT 6:00PM CT
ANY ACTIVE MEMBER WHO WISHES TO ATTEND THE NOMINATIONS MEETING MUST FILL OUT A REGISTRATION FORM BY GOING TO: http://bit.ly/710delegates NO LATER THAN 4:00PM CT ON FEBRUARY 18, 2021. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE LOCAL UNION HALL AT: 773-254-3200. THE LOCAL WILL VERIFY THE MEMBER’S ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND. MEMBERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS. ONCE ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, THE MEMBER WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A ZOOM INVITATION TO JOIN THE MEETING. ZOOM INVITATIONS FOR ANY MEMBER WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE ELECTRONIC DEVICE ONLY.
MEMBERS WISHING TO NOMINATE, SECOND OR ACCEPT NOMINATIONS ARE STRONGLY URGED TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS, SECONDS OR NOMINATION ACCEPTANCES IN WRITING AS PROVIDED IN THE LOCAL UNION ELECTION PLAN. YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER WITH TEAMSTERS LOCAL UNION 710 TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ZOOM MEETING.
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Local Union.
Nomination of candidates for 17 Delegates and 10 Alternate Delegates to the June 2021 International Brotherhood of Teamsters Convention in Las Vegas, NV will be held on:
|DAY OF WEEK:||Friday|
|DATE/TIME:||February 19, 2021 6:00pm CT|
|REGISTRATION DEADLINE:||February 18, 2021 4:00pm CT|
The expenses of sending all Delegates to the IBT Convention will be paid by the Local Union.
The expenses of sending 10 Alternate Delegates to the IBT Convention will be paid by the Local Union.
ELIGIBILITY TO NOMINATE
To be eligible to nominate or second, a member must have paid dues through January 2021. Dues and arrearages must be paid by February 19, 2021 at 4:30pm CT at 9000 West 187th Street, Mokena, IL 60448.
ELIGIBILITY TO RUN
To be eligible to run for Convention Delegate or Alternate Delegate, a member must:
- Be a member in continuous good standing of the Local Union, with one’s dues paid to the Local Union for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to the month of nomination with no interruptions in active membership due to suspensions, expulsions, withdrawals, transfers or failure to pay fines or assessments;
- Be employed at the craft within the jurisdiction of the Local Union for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to the month of nomination; and
- Be otherwise eligible to serve if elected.
It is strongly recommended that each prospective nominee request advance verification of his/her eligibility to run for delegate or alternate delegate. The request should be made in writing to the Election Supervisor as soon as possible, but in no event less than five (5) working days prior to the nomination meeting. The Election Supervisor will not be able to verify eligibility of any prospective nominee who requests verification less than five (5) working days prior to the nomination meeting.
METHOD OF NOMINATION
Delegate candidates will be nominated and seconded separately from Alternate Delegate candidates. All nominations for delegate and alternate delegate shall be at large. Any member may:
- Be nominated and seconded orally from the floor by members in good standing other than the nominee; or,
- Be nominated and seconded in writing by members in good standing, other than the nominee. The use of Election Supervisor Form 44 (available under “Official Forms” at http://www.ibtvote.org) is encouraged but not required. Written nominations and seconds must:
- Be submitted to the Local Union Secretary-Treasurer at: 9000 West 187th Street, Mokena, IL 60448 or emailed to: email@example.com so as to be received no later than 5 pm CT on the day before the day of the nomination meeting or 5 pm CT on the day of the meeting IF the meeting is scheduled after 5 pm CT;
- State whether it is a nomination or a second;
- Identify the name of the person being nominated or seconded;
- Identify if the nomination or second is for Delegate or Alternate Delegate;
- Be signed by and include the full street address of the nominator or seconder (an email with a scanned or smart-phone photographed signature is acceptable). Nominators or seconds may include, at their option, the last four digits of their SSN/SIN; and,
- Be treated by the presiding officer as if it had been made from the floor.
- Nominate or second more than one candidate.
- Be nominated or seconded by more than one member.
- Decline to be nominated or seconded by a particular person or persons.
Any member who intends to nominate or second a candidate may also request that the Election Supervisor verify his/her eligibility to do so. All such requests must be in writing and must be received by the Election Supervisor no less than five (5) working days prior to the nomination meeting,
ACCEPTANCE OF NOMINATION
The nominee may accept either:
- In person at the meeting; or in writing.
- If acceptance is made in writing, the acceptance document must include the nominee’s name, position for which he or she is accepting nomination, full street address and signature. Acceptors may include, at their option, the last four digits of their SSN/SIN.
- The acceptance document must be presented to the presiding Local Union officer no later than the time the member is nominated. Any member present at the meeting may produce the written acceptance at the time the absent member is nominated. If no one is to be present at the meeting, a written acceptance may be mailed or emailed to the mailing address or email address listed above, or faxed to the office of the Secretary-Treasurer so as to be received no later than the time the meeting is scheduled to begin.
- For written acceptances, the use of Election Supervisor Form 44 is encouraged but not required.
No member may accept nomination for both Delegate and Alternate Delegate
Any candidate for Delegate and Alternate Delegate is permitted to run as a member of a slate, which is defined as any grouping by mutual consent of two or more candidates. To qualify on the election ballot as a slate, a Slate Declaration Form, which is available from the Secretary-Treasurer or the Election Supervisor at the addresses shown below, must be completed and submitted to the Secretary-Treasurer, with a copy to the Election Supervisor, no later than three (3) days after the Local Union’s final nominations meeting.
*All Election Supervisor forms referenced above may be found under “Official Forms” at http://www.ibtvote.org
For additional information relating to the nomination or election process for IBT International Delegates or Alternates, please contact your Local Union Secretary-Treasurer, the Election Supervisor, or the Election Supervisor Regional Director.
Office of the Election Supervisor for the
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
1990 M Street NW Suite 650
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 844.428.8683 Toll Free
OES Regional Director:
Name: William Broberg
Address: 1990 M Street NW Suite 650
Washington, DC 20036