Job Type: Full Time
Teamsters Local 710 is one of the largest Local Unions in the country, representing more than 12,500 hardworking members in a wide variety of industries including package, freight, clerical, warehousing, rail, and carhaul. The Local is an affiliate of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, America’s largest, most diverse Union.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper who is well versed in budgeting and accounting matters to handle financial matters of the Local. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Office Manager and Secretary-Treasurer and work both independently and with our Accountants and Auditors. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, with the occasional need to work overtime and weekends.
- Keep accurate financial records for the Local
- Manage all accounts payable and receivable
- Disburse funds, issue checks and drafts as directed by the Secretary-Treasurer
- Carry out payroll function using ADP
- Accurately maintain general ledger accounts
- Provide regular reports of all financial transactions as requested to the Secretary-Treasurer and Trustees
- Meticulously document and keep records of all financial transactions
- Assist with all audits
- Perform other administrative functions as directed
- 5+ years professional experience as a Bookkeeper or in a related field (e.g. banking, accounting)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA Certification is a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Labor Union accounting
- Experience in the procedures of a non-profit organization
- Excellent computer skills
- A keen attention to detail
- The ability to plan and prioritize effectively, to manage multiple projects, and to meet competing demands and deadlines
Teamsters Local 710 offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including participation in both the Union’s health & welfare and pension plans. Offer of position is subject to a background check.
To Apply: Please visit the job posting on Indeed.com to submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for the position.