Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee Scholarship
The Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee brings together representatives from each Joint Council 25 affiliate to strengthen communication and leadership opportunities for women throughout our union. The Women’s Committee has made a strong commitment to the continued education of Teamster women, and our scholarship program is a direct result of that commitment. The Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee is proud to award one $2,500 scholarship and four $1,000 scholarships to members who demonstrate a desire to excel and reach their education goals.
All applicants must comply with the following criteria:
- Be a Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee member in good standing with dues paid in 2017;
- Be enrolled or will be enrolling in an undergraduate college, university or community college program, graduate school or a technical or vocational program; and
- Be Teamster member in good standing.
- Applicant must complete the attached application.
- Applicant must attach, on a separate sheet, a type-written essay of 500 words or less. (Essays will not be returned.)
- Applicants must forward the completed application and essay to their local union for verification of Teamster membership. The completed application and essay must be submitted by the local union to the Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee, 455 Kehoe Blvd., Suite 110, Carol Stream, IL 60188, no later than January 26, 2018.
“Historically political parties have influenced the labor movement: Give 2 examples of the positive effect of political parties on the labor movement and 2 examples of how political parties have hindered the labor movement.”
Additionally, scholarship winners will be the guests of honor at the Women’s Committee’s Fifth Annual Gala Dinner Dance on Saturday, February 24, 2018, at Silverlake Country Club, Orland Park, Illinois. For more information, contact the Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee at (630) 668-4337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only completed applications will be considered. Essays will be reviewed by a panel of independent labor educators. The Selection Committee will consider all applications without regard to race, religion, gender, disability or any other legally protected status. If requested, winners should be prepared to submit their essay electronically. All winners will have to provide proof of enrollment before any monies will be disbursed.