The Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee brings together representatives from each Joint Council 25 affiliate to strengthen communication and leadership opportunities for women throughout our union. The Women’s Committee has made a strong commitment to the continued education of Teamster Women, and our scholarship program is a direct result of that commitment. The Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee is proud to award one $2,500 scholarship and four $1,000 scholarships to members who demonstrate a desire to excel and reach their education goals.
All applicants must comply with the following criteria:
- Be a Teamsters JC 25 Women’s Committee member in good standing with dues paid in 2016;
- Be enrolled or will be enrolling in an undergraduate college, university or community college program, graduate school or technical or vocational program; and
- Be a Teamster member in good standing.
- Applicant must complete the attached application.
- Applicant must attach, on a separate sheet, a type-written essay of 500 words or less. (Essays will not be returned.)
- Applicants must forward the completed application and essay to their local union for verification of Teamster membership. The completed application and essay must be submitted by the local union to the Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee, 455 Kehoe Blvd., Suite 110, Carol Stream, IL 60188, no later than January 31, 2017.
What can our country’s newly elected President do to positively impact labor unions and working women?
Additionally, scholarship winners will be the guests of honor at the Women’s Committee’s Fifth Annual Gala Dinner Dance on Saturday, March 4, 2017, at Camelot Banquets in Hickory Hills, Ill.
For more information, please contact your Local 710 Business Agent, including Aisha Hurston, a Local 710 agent and active Women’s Committee member. You may also contact the Teamsters Joint Council 25 Women’s Committee directly at (630) 480-8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.