Bargaining Committee members Carlos Lozano, Dana Triplett, Terrenai Scott and Business Agent Mike Ramirez.
The Teamsters Local 710 Bargaining Committee for ReaderLink reached a tentative agreement with their employer today that they will recommend for a vote. This is a three-year contract in effect retroactive to January 4, 2016.
The Local 710 committee of four rank-and-file members worked diligently over several months to reach a tentative agreement. While negotiations moved slowly initially, recent sessions proved amicably productive. The following key points are included in the agreement:
- Wage increases of $0.30 per hour for each of the three years of the contract, retroactive to January 4, 2016
- Weekly health insurance contributions frozen for 2017, and capped at $10 per week for both 2018 and 2019
- Three paid personal days to replace anniversary and floating holidays
- Approximately 18 new bargaining unit positions in Returns and B-to-C
- Ratio of guaranteed and non-guaranteed workers to become 50/50
- Top 143 seniority roster employees will be grandfathered in as permanently guaranteed employees
- Senior Tier wage scale will expand to the top 25 most senior employees
- All overtime staffing needs for Saturdays will be posted by noon Thursday, unless in the event of an emergency
- Additional language clarifying management rights
“This negotiating team has been by far the best I have worked with for a contract negotiations,” said Dana Triplett, union steward and committee member. The entire team fought hard for the issues that the membership as a whole felt were important to achieve and maintain fair working conditions and security in the workplace.
Local 710 Business Agent Mike Ramirez will be available on Monday, June 20 at 11:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. in the cafeteria to discuss the tentative agreement and answer any questions. He will have copies of the complete agreement, which is also available to download at the link below.
The contract ratification vote will take place Wednesday, June 22 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Mike Ramirez and the Local 710 bargaining committee will be available at that time to answer any questions or concerns prior to casting your vote.
- Dana Triplett
- Terrenai Scott
- Jesus Pantoja
- Carlos Lozano
Local 710 represents approximately 180 warehouse employees at ReaderLink who handle the distribution of books out of the Romeoville, Ill. facility.
Teamsters Local 710 is an affiliate of Teamsters Joint Council 25, America’s premier labor union for Chicago, Illinois and northwest Indiana.