The Local 710 Bargaining Committee of three rank-and-file members and union representatives met Tuesday and reached a tentative agreement with Logistics Insight Corporation (formerly known as St. James Leasing).
The new tentative agreement covers approximately 150 warehouse employees at the Romulus, Mich. facility and includes the following:
- Increases to hourly wages over the three-year period
- Improved language regarding the use of temporary workers
- Continuation of no out-of-pocket costs for insurance benefits
- Signing bonuses for many Teamsters
- Additional holiday
“Our members at Logistics Insight should be proud to present this new contract to the membership for a vote,” said John T. Coli, Trustee of Local 710. “The Local 710 committee fought hard for our members’ rights and have a strong tentative agreement to show for it.”
The employer will review the agreement and respond with a final approval by July 28, at which point the members will have an opportunity to review and vote on the new three-year contract.
Any questions may be directed to Business Agent Tony Lamy at (773) 254-3200 or any of the following Bargaining Committee members:
- Jody Prater, Union Steward
- Joe Maitland, Committee Member
- Deon Stallworth, Committee Member
Teamsters Local 710 is an affiliate of Teamsters Joint Council 25.