Jewel is now hiring drivers and warehouse workers at the Melrose Park, Ill. distribution center. You may apply online or at:
2200 N. 17th Avenue
Melrose Park, IL
Driver – Class A/B Route Delivery
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from SWS warehouse.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Collect monies owed to SWS care of the account on a limited basis.
- Provide high level of service and explore additional business opportunities and new leads with customer and relay to sales force.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2-5 years driving experience in a distribution environment.
- Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and a minimum of two years of route delivery/driving experience.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-60+ pound cases of product.
- Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
Driver – CDL
Location: Schiller Park, IL
Pay: Starting pay at about $18/hr
Schedule: 4/10’s, OT almost guaranteed
For more information, contact the Local 710 Union Hall at (773) 254-3200 and ask for Business Agent Mick Vendafreddo or email Mick.
To apply, call Winebow at (773) 596-2800 and ask for Rick Simek.
OFFICE WITH A VIEW.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
We HIRE and
TRAIN new drivers
100% healthcare and paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
Visit Drive4YRC.com for more information or call 1-855-378-4972