SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2019
MEMBERSHIP MEETING AT 11AM • BLOOD & BEARS FROM 12-4PM
Join us at the Union Hall for a blood drive and watch the Bears take on the Chargers following our General Membership Meeting!
Teamsters Local 710 has teamed up with Versiti Blood Center of Illinois (formerly Heartland Blood Center) to host a blood drive at the Union Hall immediately following our regular General Membership Meeting on Sunday, October 27, 2019! We’ll also be watching the Bears take on the Chargers at the hall with plenty of food and drinks!
Interested in donating?
Please fill out the form below to schedule a time to donate or call Karen Burcham at (773) 254-3200. A photo ID is REQUIRED at the time of donation.
The entire process takes about 40 minutes, which includes answering a questionnaire and participating in a screening prior to donating to ensure you are able to donate that day. Your actual donation takes about 10 minutes. If you have a question about your qualifications to donate, please call 1-800-7-TO-GIVE (1-800-786-4483).
One donation helps THREE LIVES! After you donate, you’ll be notified when your blood is on its way to a local area hospital!
Before your donation…
- EAT a good meal the night before, and a healthy breakfast on the day of donation.
- DO get a good night’s sleep the day before donation.
- DRINK plenty of non-caffeinated beverages such as water, juice, or sports drinks. Avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee, energy drinks, and pop.
- AVOID wearing restrictive clothing such as tight sleeves; wear comfortable clothes.
READ and get familiar with Applied Muscle Tension (AMT) Exercises
At your donation…
- Remember to bring a Photo ID with proof of age. If you are 16 years of age, a permission slip is required.
- Take advantage of the Hydration and Snack station prior to your donation.
- Relax! Let the skilled staff take you through the donation process.
During your donation…
- Use applied Muscle Tension (AMT) from the time you get onto the donation chair until the time you are released to refreshments.
- Don’t sit up on your own. Wait until our staff ensures you are feeling well and you are released to refreshments.
After your donation…
- Please stay in the refreshment area for as long as you feel necessary, but at least 15 minutes for your own safety.
- Drink plenty of non-caffeinated beverages over the next 24-48 hours and eat a healthy meal (salty foods are better in helping restore blood volume).
- Avoid strenuous activity such as heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling for 24 hours.